Welcome to UB’s Department of Chemistry
Through our research, scholarship, teaching, and service, we make pioneering discoveries, advance real-world applications of chemistry, and train the next generation of scientists. We are proud of the collegiality and collaborative spirit that pervades our department. Experience the UB Difference!
Chemistry Research Themes
- Tim Cook has won the 2016 Arthur E. Martell Early Career Researcher Author’s Prize
- Paras Prasad has won the 2017 IEEE Nanotechnology Council Pioneer Award in Nanotechnology
- Frank Bright has received the Edward W. Morley Medal
- March 2017 Graduate Student Research Highlight: Amaris C. Borges-Muñoz
- Paras Prasad receives the Michael S. Feld Biophotonics Award